[seqfan] Re: xkcd today

Robert Munafo mrob27 at gmail.com
Thu May 3 04:44:08 CEST 2012

I just added a comment about the fact that A182369 also has the year
the song was recorded (1981) right after the initial 8675309 and a
zero. This was noticed by someone on one of the xkcd forums, so I
added links to that, and to my own numbers page which speculates a bit
about how Randall Munroe might have found  it.  I'll leave it to the
other editors to decide if any of that should stay.

Also, to answer your earlier comment about "e/1", I think Randall did
that because the entire exponent "e/1-1/e" becomes more symmetrical.
It almost has 180-degree rotational symmetry, except it doesn't
because you'd get "9/1-1/9".

- Robert

--
  Robert Munafo  --  mrob.com
  Follow me at: gplus.to/mrob - fb.com/mrob27 - twitter.com/mrob_27 -