[seqfan] Re: partition of a circle

Ed Jeffery lejeffery7 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 18:06:30 CEST 2012

In E^2, a Jordan domain is just a homeomorphic image of a closed disk: the
region must be connected and simply-connected (no holes), and it probably
has to be bounded as well. I believe that this is essentially the same
definition as that given for a "topological disk" from the theory of tiles
by Banko Grubaum, et al., in the volume "Tilings and Patterns" from 1987
which I no longer have in my library.

Ed