[seqfan] Re: partition of a circle

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sat May 12 00:56:01 CEST 2012

Wolfdieter, Yes, I agree that we need more conditions
that will rule out your example.

In fact in the Valette-Z. paper, they add the condition
that the partition must be admissible, which
they define to mean that if K and L are two distinct pieces,
then the intersection (boundary of K) intersect (boundary of L)
is connected.
This rules out your example, since the two big pieces has intersection
which is not connected.

By the way, they do NOT require that the pieces be convex. (That would be
another way to
rule out your example)

Neil