[seqfan] Re: 4 tildes?

Harvey P. Dale hpd1 at nyu.edu
Tue May 22 13:56:01 CEST 2012

	I'm content with whatever formatting protocol is agreed, but perhaps there might be reasons why slightly different formats would be helpful in different fields?  That's the reason for the parentheses and asterisks surrounding name and date in the Mma field.  If there are good reasons for a separate format in any particular field, the easiest way to achieve consistency would be for Russ to code an exception for that field that automatically puts in the parentheses, asterisks, brackets, etc. where needed . . . but no one would want to add to Russ's already considerable burdens in maintaining the OEIS!  So, on the one hand I'd like clarity about what the rules will be and on the other hand I'd be very happy if I didn't have to think about them and instead could simply use 4 tildes and rely on the server to format whatever seems appropriate.

	Best,

	Harvey