[seqfan] Re: Software for searching for Wolstenholme primes?

Hans Havermann gladhobo at teksavvy.com
Mon Nov 19 12:56:32 CET 2012

Georgi Guninski:

> Hmmm, according to the internet the search for Wolstenholme primes
> is only up to 10^9.

After your initial post, I naively tried to verify (in Mathematica)
the primes to this limit. It took a two-year-old machine 4.2 hours to
get to the second Wolstenholme prime (2124679). I realized then that I
wasn't going to achieve that goal and that it was for a similar reason
(the difficulty of fast-computing the binomial) that researchers with
better means hadn't progressed beyond 10^9.