[seqfan] Re: Wanted: suggestions of new sequences for poster

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 01:52:52 CET 2012

Georgi, Charles and I have been studying primes in various quadratic and
cubic rings. Both Georgi and Charles helped me a lot with A218459,  Smallest
discriminant d such that prime(n) is composite in the imaginary quadratic
field Z[sqrt(–d)].

The associated picture would be the familiar plot showing the Gaussian
primes,but with the addition of the analogous plots for Z[sqrt(–2),
Z[sqrt(–3)], Z[sqrt(–7)], etc., as increasingly dimmer underlays (going the
opposite direction of the last few images I've posted on Facebook and
Pinterest—increasingly brighter overlays).

I would also like to recommend A189243, pertaining to rectangle
dissections; and A203907 if John Conway has no objection to his PRIMEGAME
machine diagram being included in the poster.

Al

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Neil Sloane <njasloane at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Seq Fans, 3 years ago David Applegate and I made
> a poster to celebrate the birth of the OEIS Foundation.
> It contains 25 of my favorite sequences (you can download it
> from the OEIS Foundation web site, http://oeisf.org).
>
> I would like to make a new poster, to give out at the big
> AMS meeting in San Diego in January. Can people send me
> suggestions of sequences that have been added to
> the OEIS in the past couple of years that would
> be good material for the poster? Naturally sequences that
> have a striking image associated with them are especially welcome.
>
> Neil

Alonso del Arte
Author at SmashWords.com<https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/AlonsoDelarte>
Musician at ReverbNation.com <http://www.reverbnation.com/alonsodelarte>