[seqfan] cutting cakes pizzas and bagels

Tanya Khovanova mathoflove-seqfan at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 20:37:22 CEST 2012

Consider the sequenceA3600 Maximal number of pieces obtained by slicing a torus (or a bagel) with n cuts.

Should torus and bagel give different numbers? Do I assume correctly that torus is hollow and bagel is a filled torus?
(I recevied an email from Jorge Diaz claiming that he can cut the bagel into 14 pieces. I can't open the picture, so I can't check)

The number of pieces three lines can cut a disk into is 7, while the number of pieces 3 lines can cut an empty circle into is 6.

I found the cube sequence:  A125 Cake numbers: maximal number of pieces resulting from n planar cuts through a cube (or cake)
What is a sequence for a  hollow sphere?