[seqfan] Re: problem submitting

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 02:23:10 CEST 2012

Jim, that might be a very interesting sequence, but it doesn't sound
interesting. Questions of palindromicness in multiple bases predictably
lead to somewhat large numbers. Which is not to say such questions are
always boring. You yourself recently posed a very interesting problem about
pandigital powers.

Here's another base problem that might be interesting: in base 10 we have
145 = 1! + 4! + 5! There aren't many numbers like that. Is there a base
that is richer in such numbers?

Al

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 6:54 AM, James Merickel <moralforce120 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> I am being told both not to submit and to submit (some companion sequences
> are to be held back until main ones are approved), and cannot add
> extensions to some sequences I already have had approved. In particular,
> the smallest palindrome of 13 digits in two bases differing by 10 is
> 34575397981277771773, palindromic in bases 32 and 42 of 13 digits in both
> (and also has reverse in base 10 that is prime and its largest digit is
> just 20 in base 42).
> JimMerickel

Alonso del Arte
Author at SmashWords.com<https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/AlonsoDelarte>