[seqfan] Re: Partition numbers and Fibonacci numbers

Peter Luschny peter.luschny at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 16:01:11 CEST 2012

Aai> Taking the first differences  of a row (reverse order) shows the
Aai> beginning of a second order fibonacci sequence http://oeis.org/A010049
Aai> [ differences for n=40 ...]
Aai> starts to deviate from the 2nd order Fib Seq at 70104 (4th row first
Aai> elem.). It should be 70101.

This would have been nice! Something like this I was hoping for.
Similarly the second column starts like Joerg Arndt's
http://oeis.org/A217283 but then...

Perhaps the algorithm should be slightly changed to give more
understandable results? Case m=2 of the algorithm (Euler's
pentagonal number theorem) can be found here:
http://oeis.org/wiki/User:Peter_Luschny/OddsAndEnds
The general case is on the discussion page of that page.
Comparing the two versions might help to understand what
I am talking about. I also encourage readers to post their
comments there if they like.

Peter