[seqfan] Re: Dissecting a square into squares, unfinished business

Robert G. Wilson v rgwv at rgwv.com
Sun Apr 14 18:18:10 CEST 2013

Et al,

	Neil just informed us that A034295 and A140108 are indeed the same
and have been merged into the former.

	This note is just to point out why this sequence is marked 'hard'.
The example for a(5) being equal to 11 as opposed to just partitioning
integers into square parts. see https://oeis.org/A001156

	Here are the 19 partitions (of A001156) using the format of the
example in A034295. I have placed an asterisk in front of those 8 sets which
cannot be represented  using planar figures.

Sincerely, Bob.

  1. 25 (1x1)
  2.  1 (2x2) + 21 (1x1)
  3.  2 (2x2) + 17 (1x1)