[seqfan] Re: All the metal mean sequence primes.

Jess Tauber yahganlang at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 08:26:34 CEST 2013

This is a bit off to the side of the strict topic- but I was playing with
Pell numbers tonight myself (related to the Silver Mean) with regard to
trying to reverse engineer a kind of multi-tier generalized Pascal Triangle
analogue. Since in the Silver Mean generalized Pell numbers we double the
following term and add to single copies of the preceding, I thought perhaps
creating TWO triangles might work, joined at the edges, where the single
preceding terms might go. This is as far as I could get (where is Daniel
Jackson when you need him?), since I still have to create the rows and
diagonals within each such that the shallow diagonal values sum to the Pell
numbers. Does anyone know of any work in this area?

Jess Tauber