[seqfan] Re: Questions on A230492

Vladimir Shevelev shevelev at bgu.ac.il
Sat Dec 21 18:19:03 CET 2013

One moment, in my opinion, need an exactness.
It is clear that terms of A230492 could not be abundant. Thus they are either
perfect or deficient. In particular, if there is no an odd perfect, then all odd terms
of the sequence are deficient. At the end you write: "If N is divisible by
2^x*(2^(x+1)-1), for x>0, N is either a perfect number or an abundant number."
It is not quite clear.
I think that the completion of proof should be as the following.
Since N is divisible by 2^(x+1)-1, then the smallest prime divisor p<= 2^(x+1)-1;
but you proved that p>= 2^(x+1)-1. Thus p= 2^(x+1)-1 is a Mersenne prime.
 From this it follows that x+1(=r) is prime. So, N is divisible by 2^(r-1)*(2^r-1).
Thus, by Euclid-Euler theorem (here it is sufficient to use Euclid theorem) N is
divisible by an even perfect number. But why N is also perfect? - you need to prove.
For example, why all deficient numbers could not be multiple of perfect 6?
(most likely, it is true). Conversly, perfect 28 is not a multiple of another perfect. Thus, you should prove the EQUALITY N=2^(r-1)*(2^r-1).

Vladimir