[seqfan] Re: Fibonaccit

Hans Havermann gladhobo at teksavvy.com
Sat Feb 16 16:08:38 CET 2013

Maximilian Hasler:

> I did not see a loop in the first 1000 terms but maybe there is a kind of
> "chaotic attractor" in the form of a subsequence starting
> 7,7,8,8,9,9,5,5,1,6,13,14,...

Here is a slightly different approach to finding quasi-regularity in Eric's sequence. I calculated a large number of terms of the sequence, the positions therein of the number 18 and the first differences of these position numbers. Here is a graph:

http://chesswanks.com/num/eighteen.png

Those varying-length stretches where the graph drops down to the axis are consecutive ones, representing consecutive eighteens in the original sequence.