[seqfan] animations in Mathematica, OEIS kiosk

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:59:17 CET 2013

Dear Seq Fans, Two things:
1. I need a bit of help with an animation in Mathematica,
2. I need more help with the OEIS Kiosk

1. I want to make an animation that will work in an html file.
It should produce (successively) these 6 lines:
1
1 3
1 3 5
1 3 5 7
1 3 5 7 9
1 3 5 7 9 11

If I type the following in Mathematica then it works, sort-of:

row1[n_] := Table[ 2i+1, {i, 0, n}]
Animate[ row1[n], {n,0,5}, DefaultDuration -> 5, AnimationRepetitions -> 1 ]

What I was trying to do was make an animated gif from this by typing
Export[ "animation.gif", Animate[ row1[n], {n,0,6}, DefaultDuration -> 5,
AnimationRepetitions -> 1 ] ]
but that did not work.

It doesn't have to be an animated gif, anything that will work in an html
page
when one clicks a button would work.

2. For a long time I've been thinking about making a kiosk or arcade game
that would be in science museums around the world, based on the OEIS.
It would challenge you to guess the next term, ask you to try to stump it
with your sequence, teach you how to guess the next term, show you
information about some famous sequences, show you animations of sequences,
and so on.

I'm thinking about doing a small pilot version in html, and if anyone is
interested in helping, please write to me privately. The idea is that we
would share the files using Google Drive, which I just installed on
my computer.

Neil