[seqfan] Orlowski conjecture on primes as sums of squares

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 19:28:43 CET 2013

Back in 2011, Vladimir Orlovsky wrote about primes congruent to 7 mod 12
that

It appears that all terms starting from term 103 are primes which are the
sum of 5 positive (n > 0) different squares in more then one way
(A193143<https://oeis.org/A193143>
)

Has any progress been made in the study of numbers with more than one
five-square representation?

(I wasn't expecting to find a connection to this problem when I searched
for primes congruent to 7 or 19 mod 24, but it is a pleasant coincidence,
because only very recently have I begun to look at representing integers as
sums of five positive squares.)

Al

--
Alonso del Arte