[seqfan] Talk about OEIS Feb 7 at Rutgers

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 16:14:27 CET 2013

Dear SeqFans, In case any of you are interested in attending, I'm giving
a talk about the OEIS in Doron Zeilberger's Experimental Mathematics Seminar
on Feb 7 (5pm, Hill Center, Rutgers University, 7th floor lecture room).
Neil

Title: The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences: The First Hundred
Years

Speaker: Neil J. A. Sloane, The OEIS Foundation, 11 South Adelaide Ave,
Highland Park, NJ 08904

Abstract:
This talk will discuss the history of the On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer
Sequences (the OEIS), its present state, and our plans for the future.
1964: punched cards; 1973: A Handbook of Integer Sequences; 1995: The
Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences and the email service; 1996: The OEIS
launched; 2009: The OEIS Foundation; 2010: The OEIS Wiki; 2013: The OEIS
Kiosk; 2014?: Paid editorial staff. I will also mention some highlights and
favorite sequences, both solved and unsolved.