[seqfan] Re: A100083

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Sun Jul 28 16:41:32 CEST 2013

What you describe is the same thing.

The ring I'm talking about can also be described as the generalization
of the base factorial representation of the integers, in the same way
that the p-adic and g-adic numbers are the generalization of the base p
or base g  numbers. I.e., each can be represented (uniquely)  as

    sum(k=1..infinity, c(k)*k!)

where 0 <= c(k) <= k. David's number F was the case where c(k) = 1 for
every k.

Now the numbers

    a(n) = sum(k=1..n, c(k)*k!)

converge to the specified p-adic integer for each p.

If you focus only on a particular p, as in your A_p, you are pulling
out the p-adic component from the direct product, and will get simply
the p-adic integers.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters