[seqfan] Re: A prime sequence that contains each sequential prime twice.

Andrew Weimholt andrew.weimholt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 13:22:36 CEST 2013

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 12:16 PM, DAN_CYN_J <dan_cyn_j at comcast.net> wrote:

> The gap count between each discrete prime pair is also that discrete
prime.

>2,3,5,2,7,3,11,13,5,17,19,23,7,29,31,37...

There's nothing really special about this sequence.
Any subset of the natural numbers can be used to create a sequence where
a) every term appears twice
b) the first appearance of each term occurs in their natural order
c) the number of terms between like terms is the value of that term.
 i.e. a(n+1+a(n))=a(n)

Here's an example with the natural numbers...
1,2,1,3,2,4,5,3,6,7,4,...

And here's an example with the squares...
1,4,1,9,16,25,4,...

Again, nothing special.
I don't think this type of sequence is worth including in the OEIS.

Andrew