[seqfan] Re: A100083

Rob Arthan rda at lemma-one.com
Mon Jul 29 16:29:47 CEST 2013

I now agree. Every p-adic integer can indeed be represented by a sequence that converges in the q-adic metric for every prime q.

It would be nice to know if there is a name for the ring you have been discussing (the completion of the integers with respect to a metric in which the subgroups of Z comprising multiples of k! for large k have small radii for large k). Thank you for drawing this interesting ring to my attention.