[seqfan] first occurrence of the expression "metallic"?

allouche at math.jussieu.fr allouche at math.jussieu.fr
Sun Jun 2 20:43:21 CEST 2013

I am using a new "Subject" to continue the discussion
initiated by Hans Havermann.

I found another "old" reference, namely

G. A. Moore, A Fibonacci polynomial sequence defined by multidimensional
continued fractions; and higher-order golden ratios, The Fibonacci Quarterly,
31 (1993), no. 4, 354--364, available electronically at
http://www.fq.math.ca/Scanned/31-4/moore.pdf
where the expresssion "metallic ratios" is used (well, it's not
"metallic mean" :-)

best
jp