[seqfan] near multiples of squares in Fibonacci, Lucas, Pell, etc. numbers

Max Alekseyev maxale at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 03:06:32 CEST 2013

SeqFans,

I've just published at arxiv a manuscript on finding integral points
on biquadratic curves with application to finding terms of the form
a*m^2 + b in Lucas sequences:
http://arxiv.org/abs/1306.0883
As an example I established that among Fibonacci numbers only 2 and 34
are of the form 2m^2+2; only 1, 13, and 1597 are of the form m^2-3;
and so on.

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

P.S. I'm going to present this result at CanaDAM 2013 conference next week.

Regards,
Max