[seqfan] Re: Higher dimensional analogues to plane division by ellipses?

Hans Havermann gladhobo at teksavvy.com
Sun Jun 2 17:17:00 CEST 2013

For those of you (like me) who haven't encountered the expression 'Metallic Means' before, this appears to be a 1999 designation created by Buenos Aires mathematician Vera W. de Spinadel to extend the 'Golden Mean' concept < http://www.mi.sanu.ac.rs/vismath/spinadel/ >. The 'silver ratio' [1+sqrt(2)] seems to be a better known example. Ukrainian computer scientist Alexey Stakhov, author of 'The Mathematics of Harmony' (2009), mentions it in section 4.2 < http://peacefromharmony.org/docs/7-27_Stakhov_Math_of_Harmony_EN.pdf >. I assume Koshy refers to Thomas Koshy who authored 'Fibonacci and Lucas Numbers with Applications' (2001).