[seqfan] Re: Minors and the OEIS

Alex M timeroot.alex at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 21:08:33 CEST 2013

A minor myself- I haven't contributed much, but the few submissions I did
make were accepted, as I recall. I fail to particularly see a reason why my
age should play a role, and I wonder if they might have been rejected if it
had been known. Most teenagers have nothing to look for on OEIS, and those
who do are usually able to distinguish between what they do and don't
understand well enough to contribute to. (This last sentence applies to
adults too, I think.)

If for some reason a limit was decided to be implemented, I would also like
to point out that the standard teenage response to a "I certify I am 18
years or older" checkbox is to check it regardless, and to a "Please enter
your birthday" most minors will enter the nearest year that makes them 18.
The only thing that seems like it might make sense would be an age-agnostic
higher math quiz.

-Alex Meiburg