[seqfan] Prime gaps following squares

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Sat Mar 23 00:09:23 CET 2013

Years ago I computed a b-file for A070316 in the straightforward way. Now
that I see it come up again in other contexts I wonder if there is a good
way to extend it further.

Is brute force the only workable strategy here, or is there some clever
algorithm/previous calculation that is relevant? This goes beyond even
Oliveira e Silva's calculations, as far as I know (much harder of course
since he doesn't look just after squares).

Or perhaps someone has access to more hardware than my single aging PC?

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University