[seqfan] Re: Phil Scovis's problem

Maximilian Hasler maximilian.hasler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 20:48:02 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Neil Sloane <njasloane at gmail.com> wrote:
> Charles, I agree a(n) >= A061799(n-1). Can you prove equality?

Prior to recieving more recent messages, I proposed a comment in A061799:

Also: Smallest possible member of a set of n+1 numbers with pairwise
distinct GCD's. [Following an observation by Charles R Greathouse IV]
(Proof: If the smallest number m(S) of the set (with card(S)=n+1) has
a distinct GCD with each of the n other numbers, then it must have at
least n distinct divisors (because any GCD is a divisor). It is then
easy to choose larger members of the set as to have all elements with
pairwise different GCD's, e.g., by successively multiplying with
distinct and large enough primes.) - M. F. Hasler, Mar 05 2013

Comments, improvements etc are welcome @ https://oeis.org/draft/A061799

Maximilian