[seqfan] Re: Looking back at your earliest sequences

Jens Voß jens at voss-ahrensburg.de
Thu Mar 14 17:50:00 CET 2013

Am 11.03.2013 21:59, schrieb Alonso Del Arte:
> I was thinking about the requirements to join SeqFan, and this line of
> thought led me to the question:
>
> Looking back at the earliest sequences you submitted to the OEIS, which
> ones are you most pleasantly surprised to see others follow up on?

Over ten years ago, I submitted A064078 - A064083 and invented the name
"Zsigmondy number Zs(n, a, b)" for their elements. To my surprise, I
found this name (along with a reference to the first of my sequences) a
few years later on MathWorld under
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/ZsigmondyTheorem.html - it feels like the
name somehow got "promoted" this way.

Jens