[seqfan] Re: A024812

Maximilian Hasler maximilian.hasler at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 06:23:58 CET 2013

>    Do you get the terms of A024813?

It seems that Bob's terms indeed are these, and I get the same using
my PARI code.

>    BTW, I'd write "f(n) = floor(cot(pi/(2n)))"....

Personally I like the Gauss brackets to denote the floor function (as
part of my lost-in-advance battle in favour of traditional notation vs
computer/programming language induced "deformations")
but already accepted to prefix it with a "superfluous" but informative
"floor" operator,
viz. floor[x] = [x] = floor(x), since [x] already is an integer
(which may provide additional pleasure "for free" to Mmca users who
may think that I could migrate to the absurd habit of using brackets
instead of parentheses to denote function arguments).

I understood that the O.P.s suggestion probably rather concerned the
cot(x) vs tan(pi/2-x) than the [.] part, and agree to some extend.

OTOH, it took me one minute more to understand/notice the link between
the two sequences and what to do about A024812...
I'll fix it giving due credits.

Maximilian