[seqfan] Searching OEIS question

Frank Ruskey ruskey at cs.uvic.ca
Mon May 20 22:35:47 CEST 2013

I am trying to find all "nested recurrence relations" that occur in OEIS.
These have the form  a(n) = ....a(..... a ( ..... ) ..... )  where the
parens are nested as shown.
How to do this in a semi-intelligent fashion?  I started just trying to
find entries
that contained "a(a(".  The trouble is that the oeis seems to treat "("
as a wildcard.
Is there some way to force it to recognize the "(" character?  Or search
for the
more general expression at the beginning of this message?  Thanks for
any help.
-Frank

--
Frank Ruskey         e-mail: (last_name)(AT)cs(DOT)uvic(DOT)ca

believed to be clean.