[seqfan] Re: A possible characterization of A125121

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Sat Nov 16 23:16:17 CET 2013

If you allow only left shift, the tileable numbers are A064896.

If you allow left and right shift, the tileable numbers are the numbers of
the form 2^m * A064896(n).
This sequence is a strict subset of the sturdy numbers A125121, with 35 the
first non-tileable sturdy number.

If you allow left shift and reversal, the tileable numbers are all odd, and
the first non-tileable odd number is 27.

If you allow left shift and right shift and reversal, the tileable numbers
are 2^m * elements of the previous sequence.

None of the last three sequences is in the OEIS.