[seqfan] Re: A125121, A005360.

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Sun Nov 17 17:25:49 CET 2013

That would be one generalization. Here's another:

A number n is q-sturdy if there is no multiple kn with fewer nonzero digits
in base q.

and another:

A number n is q-sturdy if there is no multiple kn with fewer 1 digits in
base q, fewer 2 digits in base q, ..., and fewer q-1 digits in base q.

and another:

A number n is q-sturdy if there is no multiple kn with fewer 1 digits in
base 1, fewer 1 and 2 digits in base q, ..., and fewer 1, 2, ..., q-1
digits in base q.

What makes the Hamming weight special (IMO) is that it generalizes these
and many more.

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University