[seqfan] Re: Sister sequences

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 18:38:20 CET 2013

Veikko, can you send me a plot (jpeg, pdf, whatever) of the 2000000
terms, so I can include it in that entry?

By the way, the definitive treatment of this kind of
problem is in Feller, Probability, Volume I, Section III. He is discussing
coin-tossing,
but that is the same kind of problem. As he says, the results are totally
contrary to ones intuition. "We reach conclusions that play havoc with our
intuition" is how he puts it. A lovely book, a desert island book.

Neil