[seqfan] Re: sequences with regularity for rather large n

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 00:49:54 CET 2013

I too would like an example.

But just based on what you've said, I would say go for it. In your case,
almost any Editor would get the sense that you have genuinely made an
effort to ascertain what a(29) is but for the time being it's just not
possible. Let's further suppose that for n < 30 there are so many holes you
can't string along more than two or three consecutive known terms. The
offset of 30 makes perfect sense.

Al

P.S. Today is Thanksgiving in the U. S., and for a few more minutes the
Sequence of the Day is

A000055 <http://oeis.org/A000055>: Number of trees with [image:
\scriptstyle n,\, n \,\ge\, 0, \,] unlabeled nodes.
  { 1, 2, 3, 6, 11, 23, 47, 106, 235, ... }  This is the sequence for the
example search on the front page of the OEIS <http://oeis.org/wiki/OEIS>.
This Thanksgiving we are thankful for, among other things, the OEIS, which
is an invaluable resource in many mathematical and scientific endeavors.

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM, John W. Nicholson
<reddwarf2956 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Can you give an example?
>

> John W. Nicholson
>

> On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 4:40 AM, Vladimir Shevelev <
> shevelev at bgu.ac.il> wrote:
>
> Dear seqfans,
> >
> >I met with a problem. I know interesting sequences the regularity of
> which begins
> >with, say, n=30, but for n<30 not all its terms are known and what is
> more are
> >very difficult calculated using even modern computers. Can I use offset 30
> >and in comment to explain the problem? Or it is not suitable for OEIS?
> >
> >Best regards,
> >Vladimir

Alonso del Arte
Author at SmashWords.com<https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/AlonsoDelarte>