[seqfan] Re: Conservation of web pages linked to from OEIS

Joseph S. Myers jsm at polyomino.org.uk
Tue Oct 8 21:40:16 CEST 2013

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Neil Sloane wrote:

> Furthermore, Hugo P. has pointed out to me that many publishers seem to
> have changed their policy, and articles that were formerly free are now
> hidden behind pay walls. So that links that used to work don't any more.
> I'm not sure how to deal with that problem.

There have also been changes in the other direction.  For example,

http://www.elsevier.com/about/open-access/open-archives

lists 97 Elsevier journals in which older articles (typically more than 48
months old) are open access and could usefully have references in OEIS
turned into links.  There are plenty of other journals where old
references could usefully be turned into links as well (Mathematics of
Computation is one with plenty of references in OEIS - typically as Math.
Comp. - and open archives up to five years ago).

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm at polyomino.org.uk