[seqfan] Re: Puzzle

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Wed Oct 16 07:58:27 CEST 2013

> Ah, but he said set, not multiset.

Sure, but a set in Z is a multiset in Z/nZ. (To be fair, you essentially
pointed this out.)

> But suppose we restrict S to values from 1 to n. Now maybe it gets
interesting.

Hmm. a(n) is only defined for n > 2. Clearly a(n) <= n/2 + 1 by pairing off
1, n-1; 2, n-2; etc.

Oh good, this is already in the OEIS: A034463.

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University