[seqfan] Re: Partition encoding and conjugation: A122111, weird correspondence, or is it just obvious?

Antti Karttunen antti.karttunen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 14:11:36 CEST 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Antti Karttunen
<antti.karttunen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Cheers,
>
> First we need a tabf-table like:
> http://oeis.org/A112798
> but organized by this principle:
> http://oeis.org/wiki/User:Antti_Karttunen/Mail_by_Marc_LeBrun_Re_Partition_ordering_on_SeqFan_list_posted_12_Jan_2006
>
> it should begin as
> row
>  2    1;
>  3    1, 1;
>  4    2;
>  5    1, 1, 1;
>  6    2, 2;
>  7    1, 1, 1, 1;
>  8    3;
>  9    1, 2;
> 10   2, 2, 2;
> 11   1, 1, 1, 1, 1;
> 12   3, 3;
> 13   1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1;
> 14   2, 2, 2, 2;
> 15   1, 2, 2;
> 16   4;

For A112798 we already have a sequence of "products of parts" as:
http://oeis.org/A003963
but for the above table not.

The partition sums seem not to be present:
http://oeis.org/search?q=1%2C2%2C2%2C3%2C4%2C4%2C3%2C3%2C6%2C5%2C6%2C6%2C8%2C5%2C4&sort=&language=&go=Search

(and if the conjecture that mapping between Marc's system and
A112798-system is equivalent to taking conjugations is true, then
those sums are for both of those tables, as conjugating doesn't change
the total sum of partition.
I wonder if there are any deeper significance/applications for that
correspondence?)

Similar related sequences, already computed for unordered partitions
encoded in the runlengths of binary expansion of n (Please see
crossrefs and comments in https://oeis.org/A227739 ) could (should?)
also be computed
for these two (or just one?) systems. Some of them should already be
present, because of their number-theoretical nature, e.g.
http://oeis.org/A055396
for the smallest part in the partitions encoded in A112798-system.

Cheers,

Antti