[seqfan] Re: Can you identify this decimalized expansion?

Jess Tauber yahganlang at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 21:54:39 CEST 2013

OK- so for normal decimal expansions for the shallow Pascal diagonal the
limit ratio between diagonals is 1/(5+sqrt35), while for Pascal columns the
limit ratio is 1/(5+sqrt15).

Systemically the former appears to relate to the limit ratio of the Pascal
rows, 1/11 (or 1/(5+sqrt36) and the latter to the limit ratio of the Pascal
edge-parallel diagonals, 1/9 (or 1/(5+sqrt16).

If we square 1/10 the value of the shallow ratio we add 0.1,to that value,
while squaring 1/10 the value of the column ratio we subtract 0.1 to that
value. Some kind of symmetry?

So here's the question- will the limit ratio value for every other
reversed-order decimalized expansion for columns be related to that for the
shallow diagonals? Say, x - 1/x = 2.1? That is 2.5 vs. 0.4? Or something
completely different?