[seqfan] The "Sequences for K-12 Teachers Project"

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 03:50:30 CEST 2014

Dear Sequences Fans, Thanks to everyone who responded to
my message. There was a lot of interest, I was very happy to see.

I've already replied individually to everyone who responded (I hope - if
you didn't
get a direct reply from me, please let me know. I'm still not used
to the way gmail works when you are flooded with emails).

What I've done is set up a web site (on a collaboration web site
called Papeeria) where we can continue the discussions.

If you sent me a response, then you should have received a message
from Papeeria saying something like "Neil Sloane
has shared a project with you", and giving you a link to click.
(It may have looked like spam)

You have to register with them, but that is free.
The web site is private, you need to be invited to
have access to it.

If any of you want to join the project, let me and I will add your name.

Just to remind everyone, the basic idea is to pick out 13 interesting
sequences, one for each of Kindergarten through 12th grade,
and to try to get teachers to be aware of them.
We need help in picking out suitable sequences,
and we are thinking of a 2-day conference in Banff next year to
bring sequence people and teachers together.
This is a joint project with Gordon Hamilton.

The two halves are separate: you can help in choosing
the sequences without having to travel to Banff - and
vice-versa!

Best regards

Neil

--
Dear Friends, I have now retired from AT&T. New coordinates:

Email: njasloane at gmail.com