[seqfan] A052996.

L. Edson Jeffery lejeffery2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 01:35:35 CET 2014

Regarding https://oeis.org/A052996

This sequence with its initial terms seems to be rather arbitrary. There
are no references given, except for a link to the INRIA Encyclopedia of
Combinatorial Structures which appears to be no longer available. So I
wonder what the significance of A052996 is.

On the other hand, I have several new sequences and tables related to the
Collatz 3x+1 problem which I have not submitted yet. One of them differs
from A052996 only in its second entry. I would like to think that my
sequence should stand on its own in the database as a new sequence (when I
finally submit all of them), since it is a column of one of my arrays. What
do the OEIS editors think about this?

Ed Jeffery

p.s. Does anyone know what happened to ECS?