[seqfan] Re: Voting for A250000

Eric Angelini Eric.Angelini at kntv.be
Mon Dec 1 12:32:49 CET 2014

I'll split my vote between (A), (B) and (D)
Best,
É.

(A) A237749 The number of possible orderings of the real numbers xi*xj (i <= j), subject to the constraint that x1 > x2 > ... > xn > 0.  This (1) is a nice sequence, (2) is easy to understand, and (3) has nice connections to areas outside our usual focus (see the Hildebrand paper).

(B) A245783 The maximum number m such that m white queens and m black queens can coexist on an n by n chessboard without attacking each other.
(Nice illustrations, hard but interesting problem, understandable by anyone, has good political aspects - coexistence of rival armies. Would appeal to journalists)

(D) A241601 Number of arrangements of n circles in the affine plane.
(Lovely pictures, lovely problem, understandable by anyone, only 4 terms known. Journalists like it.)