[seqfan] Re: A098550.

Bob Selcoe rselcoe at entouchonline.net
Tue Dec 2 08:12:17 CET 2014

Hi Ed and seqfans;

I especially like the first of these sequences; unless I'm mistaken the
conjecture is true.

Time doesn't permit a formal proof (it's late here in Texas!), but the basic
idea is that:

i)  The primes Pi(j) = a(n) occur in ascending order, with Pi(j) first
occurring as a factor in a composite a(n-2).
ii) The composites in the sequence will be comprised of prime factors which
already occur in the sequence OR include - exactly once - the next prime
(Pi(j+1)) as a factor.

Therefore all the odd numbers ultimately must occur in the sequence.

I think a formal proof would be useful to include with the sequence.

Cheers,
Bob Selcoe