[seqfan] Re: A098550.

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 23:03:13 CET 2014

Concerning Brad Klee's posting from 15 hours ago, there are several steps
in his argument that I could not follow.

One point concerns the sentence:

"Recycling the logic used above let the smallest un-included number a[n] = x,
and count p[??] to equal N[ p[??] ] all the prime numbers co-prime to x
satisfying
p[??] < x < p[m].
where p[m] is the smallest prime number larger than x."

Is there a word missing?

Another point concerns the sentence
"But this conjecture does not matter because prime numbers occur throughout the
sequence and primes are co-prime to all numbers, so an infinite D-loop cannot
exist."

Here what worries me. We know that every prime p *divides* at least one
term in A098550 (see the comments in that entry for proof), but we don't
yet know that every prime appears naked.

So "prime numbers occur throughout the sequence and primes are co-prime to
all numbers" doesn't seem to make sense.

So, continuing this objection, why cannot we have an infinite sequence of
D-states where multiples of 2 alternate with multiples of 3?

Best regards
Neil

Email: njasloane at gmail.com