[seqfan] Re: A short proof that A098550 is a permutation

Benoît Jubin benoit.jubin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 15:26:55 CET 2014

Very nice!
It seems that you can group Propositions (1b) and (2), with a proof
very similar to that in the Comments of A098550:

Proposition 2: Every prime power divides a term (hence infinitely many
terms) of the sequence.
Proof: Let p^i be a counterexample. (i) Let q > p^i be prime. Then q
does not divide any term in the sequence: if a(n) = tq is the first
such term, then a(n) = tp^i would have worked, contradiction. (ii) Let
m be such that a(m) >= p^(2i) and let q be a common prime factor of
a(m) and a(m-2). Since q < p^i, one has qp^i < p^(2i) <= a(m), so
qp^i, which does not appear among a(1),..., a(m-1), would have worked
for a(m). Contradiction.