[seqfan] Re: Announcement: Resignation of Tony Noe

M. F. Hasler oeis at hasler.fr
Sun Feb 9 23:35:22 CET 2014

Dear Tony,

I am extremely sorry to hear about that.
I hope you will be back to OEIS soon.
I completely agree with your (1), and I think that any disagreement about
one or another thing, as strong as it may be, should not prevent people
from collaborating for noble causes.

Best wishes, hoping to hear from you soon.

Maximilian

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 12:01 AM, T. D. Noe <noe at sspectra.com> wrote:

> There are a couple of items that Neil omitted from this letter but that I
> requested:
>
> (1) Say what you believe in and (2) give generously to the OEIS.
>
> If you have never given to OEIS, make a point of starting.  The easiest way
> is to click on the Donate button on http://www.oeisf.org/
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tony
>
> At 9:38 AM -0500 2/7/14, Neil Sloane wrote:
> >Dear Sequence Fans:
> >
> >The OEIS Foundation has accepted the resignation of Antonie D. Noe
> >from the Board of Trustees, where he served as Treasurer, and
> >as an Editor-in-Chief and Associate Editor. Tony was one of the original
> >Trustees when Foundation was established in 2009 and has been the
> >Treasurer since the beginning. We are very grateful to him
> >for this service.
> >
> >Since 2002, Tony has contributed over 2000 sequences to the OEIS
> >and has edited many thousands of other sequences. Perhaps even more
> >impressive is the fact that he has created nearly 6000 "b-files",
> >providing extended versions of many sequences. He used 1000 of
> >these b-files to make The OEIS Movie, which has been viewed
> >12,000 times on YouTube, and always attracts many visitors
> >to the OEIS booth at conferences. Tony has helped represent the
> >OEIS Foundation at our booth at three of the annual meetings
> >of the American Mathematical Society.
> >
> >Neil Sloane
> >President, OEIS Foundation

Maximilian