[seqfan] Combinatorial Statistic Finder and the OEIS

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 21:18:49 CET 2014

Dear Sequence Fans, There is a very nice web site called the  Combinatorial
Statistic Finder run by Chris Berg and Christian Stump. See here:
http://www.findstat.org/StatisticsDatabase

As an example, let S(n,k) be the number of permutations on letters with
order k , as in http://oeis.org/A057731.

Their statistic http://www.findstat.org/StatisticsDatabase/St000058/ gives
the order of each individual
permutation. The total number of order k is S(n,k).
The total over ALL perms on n letters is our A060014.
The max order for a given n is Landau's function, our A000793.

So I've added a link

Combinatorial Statistic Finder, <a href="
http://www.findstat.org/StatisticsDatabase/St000058/">The order of a
permutation</a>

to those three sequences.

If people want to help, It would be nice if we could do that for all the
statistics
in their web site , or at least those that correspond to entries in the
OEIS.

It is also likely that they have statistics which are not yet
entries in the OEIS, and they should be added to  the OEIS.

I think Chris and Christian are interested in reciprocating by adding the
OEIS A-numbers to their statistics
(I'm copying them on this message), so let them know when you find matches
with OEIS entries.

Neil