[seqfan] Re: A090709 Decimal primes whose decimal representation in base 6 is also prime. -- rebasing

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 19:54:23 CET 2014

I don't quite agree with everything Marc LeBrun said.

Look at http://oeis.org/A007088, the binary numbers.
These are written in base 2. They are clearly
not decimal numbers.

What is true is that numbers in the DATA lines in
the OEIS are written using the digits 0 through 9
(and, apart from 0 itself, may not begin with 0).
But it is misleading to call such numbers "decimal numbers".

Of course there are other rules too: no "decimal" point,
no internal commas or spaces or periods, minus signs are allowed but not
plus signs, etc.

Neil