[seqfan] Re: Earn $500 for the OEIS

Heinz, Alois alois.heinz at hs-heilbronn.de
Sun Jan 12 13:32:23 CET 2014

Dear Seq Fans,

from Doron Zeilberger's web page:

http://www.math.rutgers.edu/~zeilberg/mamarim/mamarimhtml/detconj.html

    "Added Jan. 9, 2014: I posted this in the arxiv and got quite a few
    attempted proofs, that unfortunately turned out to be wrong. Not
    surprisingly. I `lied' when I said that "it came up in an
    enumeration problem". The conjectured explicit determinant
    evaluation is a disguised form of "one half" of the notorious
    Collatz problem, i.e. that there are no finite orbits.
    Congratulations to those people who figured it out, including Robin
    Chapman, who kindly permitted me to post his proof of equivalence."

http://www.math.rutgers.edu/~zeilberg/mamarim/mamarimhtml/RobinChapmanNote.pdf

Best regards, Alois