[seqfan] Re: Maple strongly discouraged

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 19:45:13 CET 2014

Yes, I wasn't really going to mention Mma by name in the warning!
But I was hoping my suggestion might worm its way through
Maple's thick skin.

I agree that the traditional %p (for maPle) and %t (for maThematica)
lines are a bit outdated, and all the programming fields could be
revised. But that's a job for the future.

I also agree that adding version numbers (e.g. Maple 15) would
be a good idea.

We certainly do need to include warnings in the Help etc. pages
saying that because programming languages change so quickly
(especially Maple), programs should be tested before being used,
and the OEIS accepts no responsibility for ... ...

Neil