[seqfan] Re: As much as I hate "base" sequences...

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 18:49:34 CET 2014

David, After looking more closely at your sequence, it seems that there
is another version which is also nice: restrict the search to numbers which
eventually reach 1.
Of those, take the smallest that takes n steps to reach 1. That is a(n).
The start is the same as your original version,
1, 2, 12, 108, 1944, 52488
but it is a different sequence, because 1008000000 never reaches 1.
I added this version as A235601 under both our names - hope that is OK.
Can you compute some more terms?
Best regards
Neil