[seqfan] Re: Sequences with nice graphs / "Entanglement permutations"

Kevin Ryde user42 at zip.com.au
Sun Jan 26 23:21:17 CET 2014

njasloane at gmail.com (Neil Sloane) writes:

> Paul Tek ... lacework: A003987

Would that be labelled Sierpinski triangle too, as a further hint?
A003986 bitwise-or is more skewed.  A080098 is on the upper side.
Others A004198 A080099.

antti.karttunen at gmail.com (Antti Karttunen) writes:

> BTW, anybody invents a good visual category for this one:
> http://oeis.org/A233270/graph ?
> I would not place it under "bounces", like the elegant
> http://oeis.org/A162499/graph

The Stern diatomic A007305 and friends have blob shapes but with low
values too.  The Fibonacci diatomic A000119 similarly and with some
regularity down low.

Other random possibilities:

Collatz 3n+1 steps A006667 (and its numerous variations) make a pattern
in the scatter plot, as per for example the graphs in the mathworld
link.

A grid is made by A136414 all numbers taken 2 digits at a time, and
similar A193431 A193492.  I suppose patterns like that and the
"alternating: A108620" could almost be cooked up deliberately by
interleaving some desired lines.

A100002 by David Madore which I call "repeated replace" for want of a
better name has little tendrils going down from its dominant parabolas,
as per the a-file in the entry there (and original posted
http://www.madore.org/~david/.misc/seq.png ).