[seqfan] A092236 Maths Olympiad problem

Kevin Ryde user42_kevin at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 29 09:46:15 CEST 2014

A092236 says it's from an International Mathematical Olympiad problem.
Do we know which year?

Various of those IMO problems and solutions are online and it could be
nice to have a link.  I don't think I have the Lozansky and Rousseau
book referred to.

(I struck this on a terdragon segment count, if I haven't made some
horrible mistake, as recurrence and also sum
(2^n)*binomial(n,0) + (2^(n-3))*binomial(n,3) + (2^(n-6))*binomial(n,6) + ...
and wondered if that was the original problem, or just happened to be
the same recurrence ... or both!)

--
The electronic delivery strategy makes it possible to deliver things
electronically.